Cholesterol is a fat like substance which is waxy in nature, found in the all cells in the human body. Its main function is making the Hormones and Vitamin D and play a great role in for food digestion, in other word, it is the organic molecule which is a subtype of circulating Lipid in the Body. Less than 200 Milligrams per decilitre(mg/dl) is total cholesterol level are considered to be good and when between 200 to 239 mg/dl is can be said as borderline but 240 mg/dl or above, are definitely considered high.
High Cholesterol in blood stream known as ‘Hypercholesterolaemia’ and it led to a condition where arteries become hardened, called Atherosclerosis.it happen due to depositions of plaques in lumen of coronary arteries. This plaque forms as a result from High Blood Cholesterol Level and result in hardening and blockage of coronary arteries.
In General, Cholesterol and Triglycerides represent the lipid and fat in the human body when this Lipid level become high in the Blood stream, condition called as ‘Hyperipidaemia’. The Ayurveda successfully control the Cholesterol and Lipid level in blood, if anyone follow the principle of Lifestyle of Ayurveda, Cholesterol can always be within optimal range.
Cholesterol mainly perform several anatomical and physiological function in the body and there is 2 type of Cholesterol present in the body as per physiological function and cholesterol is derived from the food stuff and serum or blood present in body and as we know cholesterol doesn’t dissolve in the blood stream and require transport system in form of carrier which is known as ‘Lipoprotein’.
– Low Density Lipoprotein (Bad)
– High Density Lipoprotein (Good)
– High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) is help to completely flush out the Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol from the blood which prevent it from depositing in the lumen of the various arteries and this condition leads to Cardio-Vascular Disorders.
Raised Serum Cholesterol level create the risk factor for developing Heart Disease, factor is-
Age – Weakening and progressive narrowing of Arterial walls and Heart musculature increased the risk of contracting Heart Disease.
Males – Heart disease affect Men more commonly than Women as per studies conducted, after Menopause in women’s this increase manifolds.
Smoking – Contraction of the Blood Vessels causing ‘Atherosclerosis’.
Family History – People who have heredity of Heart disorder in their family, naturally inclined to suffer from heart problem at some point in their life.
Poor Diet – Over eating, high greasy diet, eating at odd time is adverse effect on the development of Heart Disease.
High Blood Cholesterol Levels
Poor Hygiene – Precipitate many Herat Infections.
In Ayurveda wisdom, the main cause of elevated level of Cholesterol in the blood stream is the inadequate level of Nutrition that lead to vitiation of ‘Kapha Dosha’.
[Note- Cholesterol is explained in Ayurveda as ‘Agni’ which represent the metabolic process in the health promotions as well as disease management]
– ‘Kapha dosha’ is the vital energy in the human body, which has the regulate the optimal condition of the fluids in the organism including blood stream.
– According to Ayurveda, ‘Pitta Dosha’ is also related to High Cholesterol, responsible for the transformation and when disturbances occur, leads to improper digestion and metabolic problem and fat cannot be processed completely, so they build up in the blood vessels.
– Third energy- Vata Dosha, it also can contribute, directly or indirectly to high Cholesterol, it can clog Arteries.
– Ayurveda further explained the high cholesterol level as ‘Hridroga’ which literally means disease of Cardio-Vascular System. Due to wrong diet as Heavy, cold, oily, fried, Meat, fatty fish etc and emotional stress mental trauma, excessive salt intake, Anxiety, over weight are main causative factors for Herat Disease. Sometimes it is also associated with Arthritis and Liver-Ailments.
– As per Ayurveda, five kind of ‘Hridroga’ occur due to high Cholesterol,
– Vata Hrida Roga (Angina Pectoris)
-Pitta Hrida Roga (Myocarditis)
-Kapha Hrida Roga (Organic Disorder)
-Tridosha Hrida Roga
-Krimija Hrida Roga (Valvular Heart Disease)
In Ayur Healthcare, Ayurvedic Practitioner state that ‘High Cholesterol’ can be controlled by the strictly follow the Healthy Diet plan and use of Herbal Ayurvedic Medicine and follow the Healthy Lifestyle.
-Diet should be rich source of antioxidants like citrus fruit, Nuts like walnuts, Almonds, Carrots, Strawberries, Apple, Spinach and Broccoli.
Herbal medicine – As per the recommended dosage by Ayur Healthcare’s Practitioners.
Diet and Lifestyle Advice by ‘Ayur Healthcare’ to control High Cholesterol….
Diet is most important that control the Lipid Profile, Vegetable oil are good for this condition like Olive Oils, Avocado Oils etc but only in moderation.
Prefer only baked or Roasted food item.
Maintain a healthy intake of vegetables and fresh fruits.
Maintain physical fitness by exercising according to suitable of body figure or constitution.
Weight should be controlled.
Smoking should be stooped, if patient is smoker.