Thalapothichil is an effective therapy of application of medicated paste on the head. Thalapothichil is also known as Shirolepa (anointment to head/ head pack). Thalapothichil is made up of two terms where thala refers to the head and pothichil suggests covering. It is the traditional Ayurveda treatment which is very beneficial in various psychosomatic disorders.
The person is made to sit in a comfortable position. A soothing oil massage is given to the head with herbal medicated oil. An herbal paste with a combination of various effective herbs is freshly prepared by cooking it with the buttermilk after carefully assessing the condition of the person. The paste is applied over the scalp with appropriate thickness leaving a small central area. Herbal medicated oil is filled in this groove. At the end of the procedure a gentle head massage is given.
Duration: 45 minutes.
• Activates the marma (vital points of body)
• Pacifies aggravated pitta dosha
• Relaxes and calms down the mind; has a soothing effect on the body
• Relieves stress, tension, heaviness of the head
• Improves quality of sleep
• Improves quality, shine and smoothness of hair
• Improves memory
• Relaxes, rejuvenates and nourishes the head region.
• Insomnia and sleep disorders
• Chronic headaches like migraines
• Burning sensation of the body
• Skin diseases of scalp like dermatitis of scalp, dandruff and hair fall
• Premature greying of hair
• Chronic sinusitis
• Anxiety, depression